Welcome to the first ever Wedding Wednesday link up! I am so excited about this. I want to say that you don’t have to be a bride to link up. You can link up any post you want that is wedding related. Regardless of if you are planning a wedding, a newlywed, or been married 20 years, please share your stories below! I can’t wait to read every one of them.
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.chitsandgigglesblog.com/" title="Chits and Giggles"><img src="http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh513/aukris02/weddingwednesdaybutton_zps1bde4fd6.jpg" alt="Chits and Giggles" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
I want to talk about the Wedding Website today.
I don’t know about you but I HATE all of the free wedding websites that are out there. They are terrible to me and hard to navigate. And I know we wouldn’t use half of the options that they offer.
Don’t know what I am talking about?
What we hated:
- Cookie cutter templates. I just didn’t like any of them. I am sorry if you had a free one, but I am not a fan.
- The links are on the side. Why are they not on the top of ANY of the templates? It looks like its free.
- The designs. We are having a rustic wedding. There weren’t any that we fell in love with that seemed to be rustic enough or they were too rustic.
- Upgrading to premium. This can be expensive. I know that theknot.com offers this and it probably isn’t as expensive, but we still didn’t love any of their designs.
So what is an engaged couple to do?
- Being the good blogger I am, I realized that I could design my own website the way I wanted. Google offers bloggers a domain name for only $10. So, we became a domain name!
- I realized that I could put everything I wanted with Blogger. I was able to get the links at the top that I wanted and we could customize it with all of our information for people.
- After I got the information we needed, I contacted a blog designer through Etsy to create our design for us. And she didn’t disappoint! Did I mention that it was only $25 for what is below? Well worth it to me!
What do you think?
Link up below!