When we got engaged, I started scouring Pinterest. I mean, what girl doesn’t do that? There were a few things I knew I wanted. A rustic mountain wedding, and I wanted the wedding to be non-traditional. With that comes rustic touches that we would use in our house.
I actually had a very specific idea of what I wanted for the guestbook. I loved the thumbprint trees that I saw all over Pinterest. When I started showing Jeremy what I liked, he shot it down. He didn’t like that we would have people’s fingerprints around our house. To say that I didn’t even think about that aspect would be so true! Oops. Plus, the messy factor was part of the reason that we compromised on the guest book below.
Why I love this:
- It’s still a tree, which I love.
- Instead of thumbprints, guests will put their names on the leaves
- Any left over leaves will get colored in shades of green.
- It has our names as well as the wedding date.
- The birds.
- I love that we will be able to frame this and hang it in our house to always remember our wedding day.
What do you guys think?
What did you do for your guestbook?
It’s now time to link up for Wedding Wednesday!
The rules are easy!
- You can link up any wedding related post you want; past, present or future.
- If you linkup, please include the button below either on your blog or on your post somewhere.
- Please please please turn Word Verification OFF of your comments. I like commenting on everyone’s post and it drives me crazy when I have to deal with word verification. Please go here to fix it.
- Read other people’s posts! I personally love finding new inspiration or ideas from others.