Oh camping. Jeremy and I attempted to go camping once and it will only be once. To say that this camping trip was an epic failure would be an understatement. Almost everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. Where do I even begin?
I should start saying that this trip was in 2012 and I don’t think I have blogged about how epic-ly bad this was…and we haven’t been camping since then.
How could a camping trip be that bad?
Oh, where do I begin?
- We arrived Friday night and it was late when we got there. There were only a few spots available for us to grab. Oh and did I mention that this park is really small? The camping pads are pretty much on top of each other.
- I didn’t pack enough food…at all. We had burgers for 2 nights, fruit, a bag of pistachios and that was about it. I didn’t bring anything for breakfast and no junk food.
- We didn’t have much to do. We went hiking to Amicalola Falls and drove to Jasper, but really…not much going on, so we were bored!
- It stormed and we didn’t have the tent set up correctly.
- We had a couple who came in late that night have sex all night long. They were right next to us. It was terrible.
- I only brought 2 PB and J sandwiches for both of us to eat on our hike. No sides and not enough PB and J.
- We failed to build a fire either night we were there.
- No smores, no things to do at night…awful!
I am still scared by our experience and I am scared to go again with Jeremy. I have been since then with girlfriends and it has been a wonderful time (even in the rain), but I don’t feel confident enough to go by ourselves again.
Have you learned anything from camping?