I was a little nervous about the goals that I set for February. I thought that they were attainable, but I hadn’t checked these goals until yesterday. Oops! Let’s recap the goals I set in February and see how I did.
- Continue to practice watercoloring. I haven’t unpacked my watercoloring set since the last time I did it – a month ago. I obviously failed at this goal.
- Cook dinner at least 3 times a week all month long. I think I did well with this goal. I believe there was a week that I didn’t do too well, but I still think I cooked dinner 3 times a week.
- Finally get our guestbook hung with 2 large pictures. Once we started looking at our wall and our guestbook, we are changing things up. I think we will be getting one 30×40 print to hang on our wall instead and we will put the guestbook up some place else.
- Keep the 2nd bathroom clean. Oh man. We did so well for like a week. And then slowly, it just started to get cluttered again.
- Continue with the blog consultations. These have been going strong and I love it. I absolutely love the consultations…they are so much fun!
- Continue with the Small Blog Mentor Program. This has also been going strong this past month. Notice those 2 lovely ladies on my sidebar? They will be with me another month and I can’t wait to keep working with them to help their blogs grow.
- Work on writing posts on the weekends. I have been surprisingly good about this. I am ahead on posts and I have been really utilizing my editorial calendar from CoSchedule to help me visualize posts. I have a bunch of things in drafts right now – some are just ideas and some are finished posts. I have never been this organized with blogging, but I am loving the freedom it allows me.
Now it’s time for March’s goals:
- Practice watercolor. I really need to focus on practicing more this month. It’s much like photography in that you need to practice it to really get your mind around it. I plan on really being intentional and painting more this month.
- Buy the 30×40 frame and order the print. We have been chatting with our photographer about getting a print done, so he knows we want one (and it’s not too expensive). We also know what picture we want – it’s one from our wedding but it’s not of us – which is half the battle. We also know where we are buying the frame, we just need to go and do it.
- Start thinking about getting that gallery wall up on the stairs (finally). This one is hard because it’s hard to visualize what you want it to look like. But I want to start getting things together (like my Harry Potter wand) and figuring out what we want to put up there.
- Yesterday, I launched the Chits & Giggles Monthly Newsletter. As scary as that was (and it still is), I am so excited for this venture. I want to make sure that I come up with topics each month to talk about – and that you guys want to hear about. If there is something blog related that you want covered, please let me know!
- Come up with a consistent posting schedule. I have been writing between 4-5 posts a week. I am getting a little burnt out (not hugely, but it’s a lot). I will probably be changing things up in the coming weeks to post less, but to post better content.
What are your goals this month?