As you are reading this, we are getting ready to head up to Boston and Maine for our first anniversary. I couldn’t be more thrilled to go on a quiet and relaxing vacation where we have no plans and no expectations. I love traveling, but I hate checking my luggage at the airport. So, we carry it on. Always.
Now, this might not seem like a huge deal to you, but we will be gone 7 days. And packing things for 7 days in a carry on is a bit more stressful than you might imagine. Learning how to pack for 7 days in a carry on can be really challenging. Below are some tips I have learned along the way to help me master this technique.
How To Pack For 7 Days In A Carry On:
- Plan all of your outfits ahead of time. Make sure you include undies and whatever undershirts you are going to be packing as well.
- Make sure every shirt has a pair of short/jeans to go with it. One of the biggest things I have noticed when I pack my carry on is that I can’t overpack. I don’t have the room, and as much as I want to pack a ton of extra shirts/skirts/dresses, it just won’t fit.
- Get all your toiletries ready and in the correct sized containers. I know, I know. It’s a pain to do, but you need to get them done early so that you know how much extra room you have for everything else. And make sure all the liquids fit in the quart sized baggie.
- Roll all your outfits. Yes, roll them. I’m sure there are people out there that might think this doesn’t save room, but oh man…it really does work. Roll those shirts, shorts and dresses ladies. You can thank me later.
- Save room for your toiletries either at the top of your clothes or in a corner. Since your clothes are rolled in there, it should be easy to save a spot for your shampoo and things like that.
- REALLY consider if you need your hair dryer. When we go to Boston, they don’t have AC where we stay, so I won’t want to bring a hairdryer. It will get too hot and I don’t have the room anyways, so it will stay home. That holds true for the straightener too. I won’t be bringing that.
- If you decide you need makeup, maybe only bring the bare minimum. You don’t need to get all decked out – you are on vacation!
- Don’t forget a swimsuit and be on your way! Your vacation awaits.
What else should be added to this list?