Gratitude means so many different things to different people. To me, gratitude is showing someone you love how much you love them. This could be a grand gesture or something really simple. But I think showing someone how much you love and appreciate them goes a long way.
Other people might think gratitude is telling someone how much they mean to you and why they are important in your life. And I think that is important too. But I am all about showing someone I love them. One of my love languages is Words of Affirmation, so I am all about sharing my love with others verbally.
Being gracious and grateful are things I didn’t really think about or understand until we got engaged. Then the planning started and people wanted to help us. I was so grateful for everyone’s support of us during our engagement. I couldn’t believe that all these people believed in our love like we did and wanted to make our wedding day magical. I have been grateful in the past, but this was the first time I remember thinking about it.
So, with all of that said, this week I am grateful for:
- My husband taking care of me while I have been sick this week. It’s been awful, and he has really stepped up and helped me get better. He’s a keeper.
- My job for letting me continue to grow and learn new things – like training a new employee.
- OnDemand for letting me catch up on this weeks shows that I couldn’t watch earlier.
- My nephew for saying he loved me…he’s 2 1/2. It really does melt my heart.
- My mom for being my go to phone call on my way home from the office.
What are you grateful for?