I have been married a really long time – 9 whole months – so I know a ton about being married and what makes a good spouse, right?
Today, I want to talk about how you can be a good spouse. It’s pretty easy, actually. So why not take some of my very good advice?
Photo courtesy of Jason Hales Photography
To be a good spouse you need to:
- Cook all the time. Never leave the kitchen. Keep pumping out dinners, lunches, desserts…whatever your husband needs, you make.
- Clean all the time. First of all, this will be hard since you will be cooking constantly. But, you can find an extra hour somewhere and magically clean your entire house. Yep – one hour for a whole house should be enough. And do that daily.
- Find the time to iron your husband’s shirts perfectly. Now, I know how to iron but I can not for the life of me iron a long sleeve button up shirt worth anything. Jeremy actually irons them better – so he does that.
- Never buy yourself anything. Don’t spend any money at all – ever.
- Only watch TV together. There is no need to actually talk to each other because the TV tells us everything we ever need to know.
- Don’t read anything. Who needs a fantasy land when you have the TV instead? Isn’t it better to have something talk to you instead of having to read? Yea, I thought so.
I think that is a pretty darn good list on how to be a good spouse. Right? What did I miss?
All kidding aside, I love being a spouse and I love my husband more today than the day we got married. That’s something, right?
Also, spouse is a weird word spelled out. Really weird.
If you can’t tell I’m joking then this might not be the post for you.