Well, do you?
I don’t. Definitely not every day. I feel the most confident when I am more put together. Hair done, makeup on, and super cute outfit on. And it doesn’t hurt to get compliments either. But again, that doesn’t happen every day. There are days, and plenty of them where I can walk out of the house without makeup on, and in more casual clothes and feel like I could conquer the world. But then there are days where I just want to go back to bed and sleep forever. Anyone else feel that way?
So what do you do when you want/need to feel confident but it’s just not there?
You fake it! But how do you do that?
Faking confidence is almost as hard as actually being confident. You have to change your mindset a little bit and “fake it till you make it” kind of thing. I’m not the best at faking confidence, but I have a few tricks up my sleeve for when I need it.
Lucky for you guys, I am going to share some of my tried and true secrets to faking confidence when you need it:
- Remember when you felt 100% confident and try to duplicate how you looked/felt. For me, that would be our wedding day. I can’t wear my dress again, but I sure as hell can use the makeup I bought again to recreate my wedding day look.
- Go buy a new outfit that you feel amazing in.
- Get all dolled up and go out for a night on the town.
- Buy yourself some new – super cute – shoes and wear them.
- If getting dolled up isn’t your thing, strip off your make up, put on some casual clothes and strut your stuff!
How do you fake confidence?
*If this post looks similar to the post from yesterday, it is almost the same. I updated my nameservers yesterday and apparently it deleted the post. I thought that since it was already posted, it would be fine, but I was wrong. If you commented or saved the post yesterday, please do the same today. I’m sorry for the inconvenience! I had no idea my server could do that – so I apologize!