About a month ago I did my first reader survey. I had no idea what I would get out of a survey like this, but boy. You guys have opened my eyes to how to improve my blog and my content. Thank you to everyone who filled this bad boy out. You really did help me understand how to improve your experience at Chits & Giggles.
How did you find Chits & Giggles?
Most of you found this site from other bloggers. A few found me through the Atlanta Blogger Network. And a handful found me through Pinterest.
How long have you been reading Chits & Giggles?
- 47.37% of you said 2-6 months.
- 26.32% said you have read my blog for over a year.
This is interesting to me because I love to find out who is a newer reader and who has been around for a long time.
How are you notified of new posts on Chits & Giggles?
The overwhelming response was Bloglovin. This wasn’t very surprising to me, since that is how I read posts. 46% of you said you followed me on Twitter and that is where you found out about new posts.
How often do you read Chits & Giggles?
- 57.89% of you said that you read C&G 2-3 times a week.
- 26.32% said that you read it once a week.
What are your favorite topics on Chits & Giggles?
- Personal life including struggles came in at 78.95%. This was the highest topic that you all liked to read. I will work on writing more personal topics for you guys, since it seems like most of you like these types of posts.
- 52.63% of you like DIY Tutorials.
- 47.37% of people like Blogging Tips or Advice.
This was the most important information to me because it helps me know what you guys like to read. I will be restructuring more posts to be ones that you all enjoy reading.
What would you like to see on Chits & Giggles?
This section was also hugely important to me. I love knowing what you guys want to see in the future on this blog. It helps me figure out the types of posts you want to see most.
A few key points I took away from this category were:
- Advice on growing your blog. I do offer a Small Blog Mentor Program or a Complete Blog Consultation that can help you grow your blog.
- Photography. I will be starting up the Photoshop 101 series to help you. And I will share new camera tricks as I learn them.
- Recipes and DIY. I put these together because they do take a while to put together, which is why I don’t typically post them. But I will work on posting more DIY projects for you to enjoy.
- Almost everyone mentioned more personal posts. I will be working on having more of these for you guys to enjoy.
How often do you comment on Chits & Giggles?
The overwhelming response to this question was Infrequently. Over 57.68% of you said you don’t comment on my blog that often.
The problem that I have with this answer is that if you don’t comment on my blog, I won’t be able to interact with you. I wouldn’t be able to “meet” you or know that you like what you are reading. If you never comment, you never get the community aspect of blogging.
Why do you read Chits & Giggles?
When I read these answers, they all made me smile, so thank you! You guys read because you love my posts (which makes me so happy and completely flattered).
Again, thank you for everyone who filled out my reader survey. It really did help me narrow down the types of content that you guys enjoy. Look to seeing a few changes to that in the near future.
The winner of the $20 giftcard is: firstname.lastname@example.org. Congratulations Amy! Please email me to let me know your gift card of choice and where to send it to. Thank you again for reading my blog.