Have you ever thought about the things you miss from childhood? Maybe it’s because I’m 30. Maybe it’s because I have been in a reminiscing mood recently. I don’t know, but I have thought about things that I miss from childhood.
Below are 10 things I miss from childhood.
- Playing outside
- Not having a care in the world
- Living for summer — sunshine and pools
- The days before the Internet
- Regular and Super Nintendo — Super Mario was the jam!
- No Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, technology getting in the way
- Spending all day in the pool
- Playing in the playhouse in the backyard
- Sleepover parties
- Thinking boys have cooties
I clearly really miss summers as a kid. My family had an awesome pool in the backyard and we would spend almost all of our time in it during the summers. Opening the pool was one of the best days ever. It meant that summer was right around the corner. It also meant that swim team was to start soon and hanging out with friends. There were no schedules, no jobs, no life to prepare for.
I don’t really want to go back to childhood, but I do miss it sometimes. I remember spending hours and hours playing video games. Summers were the best! Man…I miss them. Being a big kid is hard work, and 3 1/2 weeks vacation just isn’t the same. What I wouldn’t give to have a whole summer off. (And no…I will NEVER be a teacher. They work too hard and don’t make enough — my mom was a teacher, so I saw it all first hand).
What do you miss from childhood?
Today, I want to introduce you to Abby.